Friday, July 8, 2011

One week to go!!!

Only one more week until the drawing for the Big Contest.

Mary Kelley, who purchased her yarn at In The Loop when Amy did the trunk show there, wrote: "Since the name Nautilus comes from the Greek meaning "sailor," I worked my scarf in a traditional Sailor's Rib using a 31 stitch cast on. I doubted, the entire time I was knitting, that one skein would be sufficient, but after gentle blocking, I find it to be a perfect length. I think my new sailor rib scarf will be one of the few things I keep for myself, I doubt I will be able to part with it. Thanks for making such a quality fiber." Thank you, Mary! Here's her scarf:

  
Sailor's Rib is a lovely, simple-to-do stitch. Here's how:

Cast on a multiple of 5 stitches plus 1.
Row 1 K1B *P1, K2, P1, K1B* repeat from *
Row 2 P1 *K1, P2, P1* repeat from *
Row 3 K1B *P4, K1B* repeat from *
Row 4 P1 *K4, P1* repeat from *

For you newbies out there, K1B means "knit one through back loop."

Mary Kelley emailed us, and recommended that if you slip the last stitch on every wrong side row as if to purl with the yarn in front, it eliminates the "little loopy stitch with otherwise forms along one edge." Thanks, Mary!

Naomi Foran knit Diana Hannas Birthday Cowl.  Naomi says this cowl only used a half skein of yarn! She sent us this close-up photo:



Keep those entires coming, folks! 

No comments: