Friday, June 10, 2011

Faerie Garden Scarf




Congratulations and a big thank you go out to Lynn Swiriduk, who sent us not only a photograph of her Faerie Garden Scarf, but a detailed set of instructions for her creative design. You can find them here.

Lynn knit her creation in Sweetheart and she wrote, "I used all but 5 yards of the skein." 

I don't know how long it took her to make the scarf, but she said, of the instructions, "I think it took longer to write them down than to actually knit the scarf." 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a short link to my page on Ravelry where the .pdf can be downloaded. The graph is a bit easier to see in .pdf format. the link is:http://bit.ly/mHZMze

The yarn itself inspired the design, in the same way that Julie's Nautilus pattern was inspired. I knit it once but too large and ripped it out almost totally but the yarn feels so good it's fun to knit twice. :-)

Julie H. Rose said...

Thanks, Lynn. Blogger pages, as far as I can tell, can't contain PDF files.

I'm glad the yarn inspired you!